Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Issues when pinging Management IP on 4500

Hi,

We have few Cat 4500's with Sup 2+ IOS 122-25.EWA1 and when we try to ping any management IP of any vlan on 4500, it gives us high ping response like 180ms, 200ms etc. The issue is only when pinging the Management IP. Rest of the user traffic is working fine. No errors on the port, no broadcast etc.

I remember, that someone gave a post on this few weeks back that " this behaviour is normal as the ping packets have been given low priority on cisco IOS" but I couldnot find link for this. If someone can point me on that, that will be appreciated.

Looking forward to a reply.

regards,

-amit singh

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ping Issues when pinging Management IP on 4500

This was one was for CAT OS based Supervisors.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/82.html#ping

200ms is not normal... If I were you, I would investigate it further to check to see if there is any traffic being switched by software versus being hardware switched.

Re: Ping Issues when pinging Management IP on 4500

Hi PK,

Its is not constant at 200 ms. Its like 20,25,90,125,20,1,5,10 and goes on...Could you please provide me some link, how can I carry out to check the behaviour on this. software vs hardware.

I will ask my engineer to further check the config and any errors and will ask for some more outputs.

regards,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content