Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Ping response

Hi,

I am working with an ISP. According to my experience, in a radio point to point link, if local link usage is reaching to its capacity, then ping response time to reach to other end router serial interface increases.

But one of my customer is not agreeing with that one. I want to give him technical proof(if possible with calculations) to him that what i experienced.

Please give me a solution....

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

--Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
1 REPLY

Re: Ping response

Hi,

there is nothing to proof. It's normal in a packet switching network, when a link gets

saturated that packet are queued ( Queueing is the reason for the increased delay times) waiting for transmission.

There are two possible solutions for that problem:

1. More bandwidth on the link

2. Enable priority queueing and assign the most critical application to the high queue.

( This works only if there is a mix of used applications and protocols. If there is only one used application it is useless.)

regards Ulrich

www.netaid.de

Views
Helpful
Replies