Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

pinging int s0. please help

Hi everyone,

I want to provide remote access to W2K users (they have eicon cards C90) through a X.25 network to my Apache webserver running on a W2K server.I have configured my cisco router like this :

!internal network

interface Ethernet0

ip address 192.168.2.3 255.255.255.0

no ip directed-broadcast

no cdp enable

!

ip subnet-zero

!

!

interface Serial0

description test x.25 link

bandwidth 64

ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation x25

x25 address 211111

x25 htc 50

x25 win 7

x25 wout 7

x25 idle 5

x25 nvc 2

x25 map ip 10.0.0.2 311111 ! remote user nna address

I can´t ping the remote workstation, and I can't even ping the interface serial 0 from the router. The ping works fine with int e0 and the 192.168.2.0 network.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: pinging int s0. please help

If you can ping directly connected from the router but can not ping sourcing your ping from another interface on the router the problem is most likely the gateway on the remote WS is misconfigured , Do any of the clients have dual Nic's ? If they do, perform a route print and look for discrepencies

Hi,

I was not clear in my explanation. I am logged in the router from console and when I try to ping the int S0 I only receave ...... . With int e0 the ping works fine.

David

Silver

Check whether the physical link (the x25) itself is up, if it is not, you will not be able to ping your local serial interface

well , sh int s0 returns line is up and protocol is up , Serial 0 is up.

thanks

David

Hi,

If the interfaces are up and still you can't ping to the other, then I suspect some access-list misconfigurations. Check if icmp is permitted. Take care of the implicit 'deny all' at the end of access-list.

Naveen.

mnaveen@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content