Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515 UR

I was wondering if someone could advise me - I have a small network consisting of 2 servers - One DC Windows 2003 with IIS serving HTTP/HTTPS and FTP. Another is a terminal server. Can I use a PIX 515 UR to protect them and still port forward the Current Public address to the private address of the servers (publish these services as I currently do on my sonicwall 1260?) They problem is the sonicwall 1260 is not fast enough to handle the bandwidth of the 60 - 80 HTTP (Outlook over RPC) and 30 - 40 FTP users. Not to mention the 60 Terminal server users.

Would I be better served with another Cisco Product or wil the 515 UR do the trick?

1 REPLY

Re: PIX 515 UR

Hi

A point to be noted here is PIX 515 has reached EOS status and recommended to get replaced with PIX 515E model.

The licensing feature you have with your current box is Unrestircted one (UR).

I feel with that you can achieve whatever you are trying to do with at present.

Do find the detailed note on unrestricted license feature..

• Provides businesses a robust, high-performance security solution, allowing them to take full advantage of the platforms capabilities, including:

• Maximum number of physical and virtual interfaces supported

• Maximum number of concurrent firewall and VPN connections supported

• Maximum amount of RAM included

• Maximum VPN performance via integrated hardware VPN acceleration (Cisco VPN Accelerator or Cisco VPN Accelerator+)

• Active/Active* stateful failover support (requires similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with Failover-Active/Active license)

• Active/Standby stateful failover support (requires similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with Failover or Failover-Active/Active license)

• Security context* support, with two security contexts included as part of the UR license

• GTP inspection* support, when a GTP Feature License is also installed on the system

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies