cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PL. Clarify .

nanduriks
Level 1
Level 1

On one of my Routers I configured 3 Secondary Interfaces.

Let us take different Scenerios while transfering of data from one workstation to other.

w/s to w/s on Similar Subnet Transfer rate is Fast

w/s to w/s from one subnet to other subnet (Secondary subnet) transfer rate is abnormally slow.

Ping and all is ok between subnets. can any body pl. suggest me a good solution to improve the speed .

Rgds

Kalyan

4 Replies 4

prafuljaded
Level 3
Level 3

Try using different applications like ftp and see the response. If ping is working fine then it should not be a Layer 3 issue.

Have U tried Traceroute?

Traceroute is OK. I didnot try ftp I will try ftp.

hi,

what is your router type and the type of your interface ?

Your router is connecting to a switch ?

you can (if your router is capable : type if interface (fasteth) , ios; and switch capable), you should do inter-vlan routing with trunk (isl or 802.1q);

think this help you.

bbranch
Level 3
Level 3

Depending on the type of router you have it may be worth enabling fast switching for traffic entering and exiting on the same interface (ip route-cache same-interface)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fswtch_r/xrfscmd2.htm#1065558

If you have a low end rotuer you may well see a significant improvement, if you have a high end router it is unlikely that this will make a major difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: