Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help source a +24V DC Powered Switch

allongsound
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am desperately looking for a +24V DC powered switch.

It needs to be

24V DC input

Managed, with RSTP

48 ports if possible, although i can cope with 2x 24 ports if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Do you want an industrial switch? something like the Cisco IE 2000 range

I don't think it can be done with the IE2000 series, but you can with the IE3000 series (search for 24VDC).  But as for getting 48 ports ... you'll need a lot of them.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-3000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-440930.html

Only having 24VDC is very limiting.  If you could step up to 48VDC then you have lots of options (Cisco 3650 with DC supply, Cisco 3850 with DC supply, etc).

Personally - use a power regulator or get an electrical engineer to make you a 48VDC power supply.  It will be much cheaper since you can use more generic switches like the 3650, rather than lots of expensive IE3000's.

Here is an interesting option.  PWR-IE65W-PC-DC= says it can take 24VDC in and spit out 54VDC.

You would have to check out the current ratings, but this module might work with a 3650 ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: