Replies

Please Help

jfalcon22
Level 1
Level 1

Dec 11, 2001, 8:12pm Pacific

HI guys,

This i smy problem.

I have Three routers that are in ROMMON. I already know how to copy the image to the routers doing the xmodem.

What I need is to copy the image from a TFTP Server to the router. I did the following:

rommon 1 > set

rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=192.5.5.1

rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0

rommon 4 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.5.5.0

rommon 5 > TFTP_SERVER=192.5.5.2

rommon 6 > TFTP_FILE=c2600-d-mz.121-4

rommon 7 > tftpdnld

This is exacly what i wrote. The IP 192.5.5.2 is the IP of the computer running the TFTP.

what I get with this is a time out error 1.

Also in a document from cisco says that I need to connect the router to the FIRST LAN PORT what is this? How Do I connect the router to the TFTP Server?

Thanks for your help.

PS this router are from a lab just to do the CCNA.

Thanks Julio

2 Replies 2

cbassett
Level 1
Level 1

Julio,

Assuming that you are using Ethernet, you'll need a cross over cable or hub/switch to connect the router to the TFTP server PC.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, if you are attempting this on a 2600 that has a token ring & ethernet interface, and you are trying to tftp via token ting, you need to set a variable to tell the router to use the token ring interface and not the ethernet which is default.

In answer to the FIRST LAN PORT, I think if your 2600 has more than one ethernet port you have to use a specific port rather than being able to use any of them.

Best Regards,

Carl

Thanks for your help. I got the connection working the only thing I was missing was to set the

Gateway on the router the same as the IP on the computer this force the network connection.

I use two ethernet cables straight one from the router to a switch and the other from the computer to the switch. Using the fastethernet 0/0 port from the router

rommon 1 > set

rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=192.5.5.1

rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0

rommon 4 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.5.5.2

rommon 5 > TFTP_SERVER=192.5.5.2

rommon 6 > TFTP_FILE=c2600-d-mz.121-4

rommon 7 > tftpdnld

It worked great it downloaded the image in less than 30 seconds.

Thanks