Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Please Help

Dec 11, 2001, 8:12pm Pacific

HI guys,

This i smy problem.

I have Three routers that are in ROMMON. I already know how to copy the image to the routers doing the xmodem.

What I need is to copy the image from a TFTP Server to the router. I did the following:

rommon 1 > set

rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=192.5.5.1

rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0

rommon 4 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.5.5.0

rommon 5 > TFTP_SERVER=192.5.5.2

rommon 6 > TFTP_FILE=c2600-d-mz.121-4

rommon 7 > tftpdnld

This is exacly what i wrote. The IP 192.5.5.2 is the IP of the computer running the TFTP.

what I get with this is a time out error 1.

Also in a document from cisco says that I need to connect the router to the FIRST LAN PORT what is this? How Do I connect the router to the TFTP Server?

Thanks for your help.

PS this router are from a lab just to do the CCNA.

Thanks Julio

2 REPLIES

Re: Please Help

Julio,

Assuming that you are using Ethernet, you'll need a cross over cable or hub/switch to connect the router to the TFTP server PC.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, if you are attempting this on a 2600 that has a token ring & ethernet interface, and you are trying to tftp via token ting, you need to set a variable to tell the router to use the token ring interface and not the ethernet which is default.

In answer to the FIRST LAN PORT, I think if your 2600 has more than one ethernet port you have to use a specific port rather than being able to use any of them.

Best Regards,

Carl

Re: Please Help

Thanks for your help. I got the connection working the only thing I was missing was to set the

Gateway on the router the same as the IP on the computer this force the network connection.

I use two ethernet cables straight one from the router to a switch and the other from the computer to the switch. Using the fastethernet 0/0 port from the router

rommon 1 > set

rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=192.5.5.1

rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0

rommon 4 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.5.5.2

rommon 5 > TFTP_SERVER=192.5.5.2

rommon 6 > TFTP_FILE=c2600-d-mz.121-4

rommon 7 > tftpdnld

It worked great it downloaded the image in less than 30 seconds.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content