Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

point to multipoint routing w/ cisco 1602 56k csu/dsu

I have a project I'm trying to get accomplished. It appears by cisco's web site that we can use a 1602 router in a point to multipoint configuration, but details are not well published.

We have microwave radio sites and repeaters. They have overhead 56k 4 wire lines. At the repeater sites they have a BRIDGE that connects the 56k wires together.

If you would talk at one end of the 56k overhead the voice would be heard at each bridge and the distant end accordingly. No phone numbers or any of that are required for this to work. What I would like to do is place a 1602 at the near end and have it communicate effectivley with a 1602 at each bridge site and the distant end. Is is possible for the 1602 to request on demand serial (56k) traffic to the desired host and have the other hosts ignore it

RR1 --------Bridge-------------Bridge--------RR4

RR2 RR3

192.168.0. 172.168.1. 172.168.10.

note the Bridge is a physical connection to the buss

the information at RR2, RR3, RR4, and RR1 would be the same.

I hope I've explained this well.

Thanks

Scott C.

1 REPLY

Re: point to multipoint routing w/ cisco 1602 56k csu/dsu

Often times complex configuration issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content