Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Policy Based Routing of STUN Traffic

I have a router with an ATM interface with 2 PVCs, each PVC is a subinterface. One PVC is VBR and the other is CBR. I also an FEP connected to the router via a STUN connection on a serial interface. What I want to achieve is to send all STUN traffic down the CBR PVC and have all other traffic go down the VBR PVC. I thought of using Policy Based Routing (PBR) matching for STUN and sending it down the CBR PVC but was concerned about the order of operation in regards to STUN encapsulation and PBR. Because PBR works on ingres traffic I would have to put it on the STUN interface. So my question is does the IP encapsulation of the SDLC traffic happen before PBR? Which leads to the question, will this work?

Regards

Tim Webster

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Policy Based Routing of STUN Traffic

I do not think tou will be able to use the IP POLICY command on the input STUN interface, although you can actually code it, since the traffic at that point is not IP.

However, since the IP traffic actually originates on the router itself, you may be able to use the

IP LOCAL POLICY

see the following URL for more details

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcprt2/1cfindep.htm#1001568

Views
Helpful
Replies