cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy-based routing on Cat3550

alundq
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a switched backbone with one 3550 and 4 2950 catalysts.

He has some admin vlans and some school vlans. The goal is to set next hop address for the admin vlans to inside of a PIX, and next hop of the school vlans to the dmz of the pix. I have done this only with 3640 routers before.

Isn´t it supported ? The interface command "ip police route-map word" is not useable.

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Policy Based routing is not supported on the Cat3550 switches

Regards,

-Prashanth

GREAT :-(

I had just purchased two 3550 with the understanding that they will do policy based routing. I have been spending the last week working on transitioning them to be my main routers and switches. I had policy based routing on my 3620 so this was one capability that was required. I am VERY angry at the Cisco rep that talked me into this equipment. I might be stuck with equipment that will not fullfill my requirements. :-(

The 3550 are nice switches but average to poor routers compaired to a typical cisco router.

Who should I talk to at Cisco to request this functionality in the 3550s??? One can always ask.

Blair.

This feature is already planned for Q4CY02 /Q1Cy03 timeframe software release.

Hope this helps.

memohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, the 3550 does not support PBR.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: