Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Policy Based Routing question...

We have 4 remote sites, all connecting back to the main site's router via frame relay. On the main router, each branches network is coming in on serial subinterfaces. I should also include that each branch has no less than 4 networks (LANs) each inside.

I need to write a PBR instruction set on the main router that would send traffic from one specific network in each branch to e1/0 interface of the main router. But I need all of the other traffic to use the default route table to the e0/0 interface. First, can I use PBR on subinterfaces? If so, how would the PBR statements look in the main router after:

access-list 1 permit ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

route-map branch1 permit 10

match ip address 1

set next-hop ethernet 1/0

Thanks for any help,

m~

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Policy Based Routing question...

Hi,

You can apply PBR to sub-interfaces and your config above should do it except for one thing: specify a next-hop IP address with the 'set next-hop ethernet 1/0' that points to the router which you use to reach the required destination. If you don't do this, your main router will ARP for every destination address on Eth1/0 which is not actually desirable.

HTH\,

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies