cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

policy map on MSFC2 on cat 6509

Hi,

on my internet acces, i have 40Mbps of bandwidty (pvc atm) to the operator ;

The internet access is a 7204 VXR NPE 225, on it's int f0/0 is connected

at a cat 6509 with MSFC2 ((C6MSFC2-PSV-M), Version 12.1(11b)E) and the CATOS (Version NmpSW: 6.3(3)) on sup 2;

On another interface (atm) of the access router is connecting to another Lan;

I'd like to to limit 20Mbps on the fasteth link of the cat 6500 (to the 7204vxr : internet access);

I'd like to know if first if i can implement the "polcy map" on the MSFC2 with hybrid version or must I passe to full ios;

In the case if it is possible , the policy map will use the procees switching ?

and what is the impact on the performance of the MSFC2 ?

Thank;

Kheang.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: policy map on MSFC2 on cat 6509

You can configure policing in Hybrid systems as well. Remember we support only ingress policing. All Policing is done in hardware ASICs on the PFC and does not have any impact on the performance. Also you configure all QoS including policing in a CAT6500 on the Supervisor and not the MSFC. The following page should help

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/102.html

thank ,

i think your solutionis the best (aggraegate polices);

i think also to the CAR : restricting traffic on layer 3 (interface vlan ( MSFC2) of interconnection to the access router); in this case the CAR used the ASIC or no ?

Best regards;

Cisco Employee

You cannot configure CAR on the MSFC. The command line might let you configure it, but due to CEF/MLS implementation in CAT6500, it will NOT work. So the only option you have is to use policing and you can make it VLAN based

ok thank;

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content