cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy mapping on 3640

robert.mcclain
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use a policy map and acl to stop all Code Red from entering my network on my 3640 router. I have 4 serial ports and 2 fast ethernet ports. The serial ports are connected to 2 different ISP's (2 T-1's per ISP). From some of the things that I have read, I would need to use CEF to accomplish this. Is that a true statement or can I use the fast-packet switching instead. My 1 ISP does not support CEF.

2 Replies 2

omohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Robert,

You need to conifgure NBAR to block Code Red. NBAR will not work since it requires CEF so you have to enable cef on the router. CEF is a switching mechanisms and it does not matter whether your ISP supports it or not. I am sending you a link from the CCO which talks about configuring NBAR for Code Red and I would recommend using the Method C from the config. Hope this helps. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/nbar_acl_codered.shtml

I have read that link before, but I needed a difinitive answer as to the CEF. So thank you very much, it does answer my question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: