cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor connectivity with a Catalyst 3524

pgasol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with several PC's that have a Intel Pro 10/100 NIC.

These PC's are attached to a Catalyst 3524 with the IOS c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.4.WC.1.bin

The connectivity is poor because the ping is lost.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

j.hato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please verify there are no loop in your switch network. With show log command will give you some error code. Make sure there were no error coded SpanTree..... if do so please disable the SPT feature (Make sure you'll have no network loop after disable the SPT feature).

Please check the cable, sometime cable comes out such kind error.

Check to the Cisco website and make sure there are no bug with the IOS.

Have you try with other NIC connect to the switch specific port.

Best Regards,

HATO

Thanks for your answer, but I just have disabled the STP in this switch, have checked the cable and I saw the Cisco web looking for bugs for the IOS of the switch c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.4.WC.1.bin.

If I put other NIC in these PC's they work fine.

Also if I put the pc's with intel NIC on a Catalyst 6500 they work.

I don't know to do

Have you tried to set the NIC's to either 10 or 100 Mbps instead of auto , and the ports on the switch as well?

In my experience, the auto - negotiation feature can cause a similar problem to what you are having...

Good luck,

MAE

This link describes a lot of NIC compatibility issues. I did not see anything specific to the pro 10/100 but it might help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af0.shtml

Yes I have tried it yet, and it didn't resolve the problem but thanks for your answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: