Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

v.j

port channel in 6509

Hi

Is there any way to clear the port channel created.

Because when created a portchannel with the command "set port channel on",I wasnot able to clear it.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES

Re: port channel in 6509

You have to set it to "auto. You can't clear it. Auto is the default mode. you can set it off if you are not going to be using it.

I am facing the same problem using cat6513 and cat OS 6.2.3. I have so many commands with following syntax in config which I need to get rid off :

set port channel

What should I do to get rid of such commands in the config. Here are the commands as example :

set port channel 2/1-2 1

set port channel 12/13-14 149

set port channel 11/11-12,12/15-16 156

set port channel 11/1-4 456

set port channel 11/5-8 457

set port channel 11/13-16 459

set port channel 4/1-4 484

set port channel 4/5-8 485

set port channel 4/9-12 486

set port channel 4/13-16 487

To disable port channel use the following command:

set port channel 2/1-2 mode off

This will show up under the module configuration. Even though the "set port channel 2/1-2 1" is in global configuration if the above statement is under the module configuration, port channeling will be off.

I tried this but I am looking for a way to get rid of this command in my config. Is there any way to do so ?

Thanks

I have pondered the same question. I believe that in earlier CATOS releases this did not show up in the config, but with new releases it shows up in global config. One thing I believe I have noticed is that if you start from a fresh config, never turning port channeling on this will not show up in the global config. I would enjoy a solid answer as well.

hi all !

once port channeling is configured for some modules/ports, IOS assigns "admin groups"

to subsets of the ports - these are not deleted when turning port channeling off....

i do not know for what IOS needs these admin groups, but i know that the existence in global

configuration mode does no harm to the switch behaviour :-)

if you - for some reason - really wanna get rid of these commands:

) clear config

) set it up again without configuring port channeling

for more detailled answers i fear you will have to contact a cisco representative...:-)

have fun & b good

Views
Helpful
Replies