Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Port-Channels on 2924XL IOS 12.0

I am trying to set up a port channel on this 2924 and when i am at in the configuration terminal and I type in "interface port-channel 1"it tells me that the PORT-CHANNEL is an unrecognized command even though when i do the ? it shows Port-Channel.

5 REPLIES

Re: Port-Channels on 2924XL IOS 12.0

Your observations are correct. Reading your question I remerbered that I stumbled over this issue last year. On the 2900XL a channel is set up by only configuring the channel on a group of ports.

There is no logical interface port channel X as in the current versions.

Regards

Leo

VIP Purple

Hello,

AFAIK, on the 2924 you have to use the command:

port group x

to assign an interface to a (Fast)EtherChannel.

interface FastEthernet0/1

port group 1

interface FastEthernet0/2

port group 1

The port-channel command is probably one of the unsupported IOS commands in this release...

Regards,

Georg

Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I have been try to make a port channel between the 2924XL and a 4503. This defenitly helps.

Community Member

I'm glad it helped. Good luck and let me know if I can help out any further.

Community Member

Configuring etherchannel on L2 switchports automatically creates the Virtual Port-Channel # interface with the interface channel-group commands.

If creating and etherchannel link on a L3 interface you need to create the Port-Channel interface maually.

Here are some good links: links at bottom of page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094714.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007e6d3.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content