Views
Helpful
Replies

Port security and DHCP Problem on a Catalyst 3550

rtp85xx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My problem is that on a specific type of workstation which send only one "DHCP DISCOVER" during boot, the request is not fowarded on the network. When using another type of workstation wich send several "DHCP DISCOVER", the first one isn't fowarded but the DHCP is working because of the second request. When disabling the port security, the problem is not present. So my question is : is it normal that the first frame isn't fowarded on a secure port (it doesn't seem to be the case on 2924/2948/4003/4006)?

Thank you and excuse my imperfect english.

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I am not aware of any bug matching this criteria, but I have come across a bug where if the "ip helper address" is configured, then it wont forward the discover packet to other ports in the same vlan. Do you have this command configured? Check after removing it on the vlan interface. May be your problem is a duplicate of this problem too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: