Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port span performance impact on the 6509

Dear all,

I nees to span multi-FE ports (located on different slots) to Gigabit ethernet interface (port on WS-X6408-GBIC). I would like to know if their is any performance impact on the 6509. From the following site http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html#arch5000 the SPAN feature has no impact on the performance.

The 6509 is very critical we can't afford to kill it or have performance impact on the box. I'm expecting to span about 200Mb of traffic.

What sort of problem I could expect by enabling span to Gige from multiple FE port ?

What is the best option span to 1 port of (port on WS-X6408-GBIC) or to the single Gigabit port that is part of (WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE)?

How can I check if there is performance issue on the 6509 (during the test phase)?

Regards

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Port span performance impact on the 6509

As the URL you referred to said, there really is no impact on performance when using the SPAN feature.

Re: Port span performance impact on the 6509

The test result for the span about 500Mb to Gigabit ethernet:

The CPU about 5% increase.

Backplane utilisation about 3% more.

Memory no change.

That mean there is a menor performance impact. I'm still in the test process those result are not final.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content