cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portchannel not bundling

frankhoban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I have 2x 4506(supV-10GigE) switches. I am having problems getting the Port-channel to bundle between the two. I have the following settings on ports. See attached.

4 Replies 4

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I suspect you have a transient condition due to configuring the EtherChannel while it was up. It is quite easy to get them tied in a knot in this way.

I usually find the best way to get out of such a condition is to shut both sides, and then no shut them, always using the Po1 interface.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks Kevin ,

Did this but didnt make any difference. I will try again. I actually had same problem before and it came up after doing shut/no shut. Does it matter what way you configure/order ie port-channel first

It shouldn't matter, but I find I almost invariably get tied in a knot unless I shut down all four interfaces first (as well as the Po interfaces), then add them into the channels, then bring them up using the Po interfaces.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks for your replies. I remember reading before it's best practice to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: