Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

portDeviceStatusChange: no malloc for pwrDevMsg!

I have 8 catalyst 4006 Sup II (distribution) and 2 catalyst 6506 in the core. One of the catalyst 4006 had the following error "portDeviceStatusChange: no malloc for pwrDevMsg!" - could not telnet to the device but could ping the device. When we connected via console , the above message kept on scrolling through and we could not get into enable mode. We have Tacacs configured , running on version 7.1.1 we are running IP Telephony CCM 3.1.3a - hardphones and softphones - installed new network 2 months ago. - please advise -

3 REPLIES

Re: portDeviceStatusChange: no malloc for pwrDevMsg!

The customer needs an answer from wrt the above - after the switch was reloaded , all logs etc were cleared. I have the crashdump for the above after reload - is there a tool to diagnose the crashdump info or do we open a TAC case. I checked all hidden commands as well - no errors seen. What caused the switch to go into this mode - "portDeviceStatusChange: no malloc for pwrDevMsg!"

I am providing as much information as I can to get this issue resolved - while the switch was in the portDeviceStatusChange: no malloc for pwrDevMsg!" state and if a telnet to the switch was done , the following error appeared ont he workstation - - -- "failed to allocate session block.

Cisco Employee

Sanjeev

It appears to be a memory leak issue. I suggest that you open a TAC case to see what process is hogging the memory. There was a bug filed for this issue on a CAT6000 but might affect all CAT OS

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdr74107

I suggest that you open a TAC case and provide all relevant info to the TAC Engineer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content