cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible NAT issue on 827 with Mac OS X 10.2 computer

Ben.Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 827(running 12.3.3, which I upgraded to from 12.3.1a to try to fix the problem) on my ADSL connection, and there are two computers being NATed behind it, one Windows XP and one Mac OS X 10.2. The Windows box works fine, but on the Mac, some web pages won't load, and the automatic software update won't connect. This only started occuring within the last week or so. Before that, it worked fine for over a year(when I first set up the router, I had this problem, but then it seemed to go away).

The router is also doing a router-to-router IPSec tunnel to a 7206 at my office.

Anyway, when I take the router offline and connect the DSL modem directly to the Mac, the problem goes away, so I'm thinking it's a problem with the router.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? I am getting nat translation on the router, and reloading the router didn't help either.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

travers.stark
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like a mtu problem.

Try this command

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

I tried that(on the 827 the command appears to be ip tcp mss 1452) with no success. Think I need to reboot the router after putting in the command?

Thanks.

Actually, try an MTU size of 1492.

No success there either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: