Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP Problems

Hi

I've one router 1721 and your s0 is x.x.x.6/30, the serial of telco is x.x.x.5/30, the fast of my router is y.y.y.y/26.

The encapsulation ppp was configured, my router ping the router broadband telco and internet, the broadband ping my router but the host of my local network not ping internet and not ping serial of broadband router but broadband router ping the host.

The hosts of LAN ping serial 0 of the 1721.

What's problem?

Router(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.5

Router(config)# int fa 0

Router(config-if)#ip add y.y.y.129 255.255.255.192

Router(config-if)#no shut

Router(config)# int s 0

Router(config-if)#ip add x.x.x.6 255.255.255.252

Router(config-if)#encapsulation ppp

Router(config-if)#no shut

6 Replies 6

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

It appears that your provide is missing a static route for your LAN subnet, pointing to your serial link.

Paresh

Hi

In addition to Paresh's comment i would like to add if you are not using public ip space then you need to think off configuring NAT in your box.

If thts not the case as suggested reverse route for your local lan space may not be there in your SP side..

regds

Who does NAT is the firewall, directly connected in the router. I've a pool address public.

For the test, a notebook directly connected using a public ip no ping in the router telco but the router telco ping the notebook.

Hi

The SP supplied error range of public ip.

Ufff!

Thanks

Its a silly question but Firewall is between router and internet connection, isnt it?

If Firewall is in DMZ, you have to add a route to point

to Firewall...

Hi zerozerotito

The configuration is correct. Problem resolved.

The topology is this:

SP <---->* My router *<--->*(Firewall(NAT))#<--->#LAN

*ip public address

#ip private address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: