Helpful
Replies

PPPoE Fastethernet

sulpica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just a question about pppoe :

Can I use the on-board fastethernet interface of a 2611 routeur to access internet with pppoe ? If no, does the NM-1E network module support pppoe ?

Thank you for your help

regards

5 Replies 5

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I don't see any reason why it shouldnt except for any IOS limitations. Check in the Feature navigator.

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The interface should not be used for pppoe. because pppoe is run over atm. the interface should be an atm interface.

Best Regards

Teru Lei

pmichaelson
Level 1
Level 1

You can use that interface for pppoe, i have done it several times, all you need is to have the correct IOS image.

banlan.chen
Level 1
Level 1

You can use it to access internet. But PPPoE is used for adsl access server. If you want to router as an adsl client, you need pppoe-client command, please search for appropriate IOS version.

Hi,

thank you everybody for your answers.Effectively you can configure fastethernet ports as ppoe-client.You just need a version higher than12.2xx for the IOS.I check it with feature navigator and after I test it with a 26xx.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: