Views
Helpful
Replies

precautions to be taken while changing modules

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to replace running module from 6509.

After replacement do i need to configure all ports again?

Regards

skrao

3 Replies 3

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Siva,

Which Module is this ??

If this is a layer 2 module, you dont have to configure it again, it will get all the configs from the sup. Sup has all the configs saved for the modules.

If this is some service module like CSM/CMM, FWSM, then those module have their own DRAM/Flash and NVRAM where they store the own configs.So if u r replacing those module then you have to configure them again.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Amith Singh,

This is layer2 module only. so simply i can remove and insert new module.

But supervisor loads module configuration into it.

that includes vlan configuration, port settings.

Regards

skrao

Hi Skrao,

Yes you can simply remove and insert new module and it will download all configuration regarding port and vlans from supervisor.

But you have to make sure of one thing that if you are replacing same module with exactly same other module it is ok but incase you are replacing with some other module then you may need to cofigure that specific module.

Like if you are having 24 port module currently and now you are replacing with 48 port module you may need to configure that new module now.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: