Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Priority queueing issues

We are a Citrix MetaFrame shop. Several years ago we implemented Priority Queueing and assigned Citrix (1494) priority on our FR WAN links. The majority of our edge routers are 1601s running IOS 12.1(2). I am troubleshooting an issue in which it appears the PQ is not working. In all offices except this one particular location, if users are in Citrix and someone in that office begins an internet download (outside of Citrix), Citrix traffic is not impacted. In this particular location, if users are in Citrix and someone simply opens a browser and begins to surf, all traffic - Citrix included comes to a crawl. When I added Priority-list 1 protocol ip low tcp www to my Priority-group, a sho run shows Priority-list 1 protocol ip high tcp www. Even if I copy run start and reload the router, the Priority-group still lists Priority-list 1 protocol ip high tcp www. It will not relegate www traffic to low priority.

Thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Re: Priority queueing issues

Did you start experiencing this problem (citrix slowing down, due to web traffic) ??

Try creating another priority list and assign citrix to high and tcp to low and apply that to the interface, and let us know what happens.

Yes - it appears it is due to traffic on port 80.

The Priority-list has been recreated and applied - same results. WWW traffic slows performance regardless.

Can u paste your configs for priority queueing, and also output of show queueing priority.

Are you implementing FR traffic shaping?

No. We are using simple priority queueing. We have been using priority queueing in this manner for 2+ years. This is the only site experiencing this problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content