Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem Accessing Server on different VLAN with different gateway

Here is the situation.

I have a webserver which is accessed via the web From a T1 through a Pix (10.1.100.9). It's on the server vlan 100 (10.1.100.x)

All Servers on that Vlan Using either of the 2 firewalls (10.1.100.5, 10.1.100.9) can access the server. Our users are on different Vlans (10.1.20.x, 10.1.21.x) All the workstations are set up using the 10.1.100.5 firewall. Any new servers set up with the 10.1.100.9 firewall are not able to be accessed via other vlans. There are some servers though set up on this firewall that can be accessed that were set up before I was here. I can not find any entries on any of the routers, switches, or firewalls that specify this route. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem Accessing Server on different VLAN with different ga

Could it be that there are static routes on some of the servers?

I checked the routers, but not the servers.. where would it be in the server?

Thanks

There is also the possibility of using a route map statement to force the next hop.

We have used that specific configuration where, most traffic went to one firewall, setup with a static route. Then a new firewall was added and we used a route map to direct traffic from specific source network to the new firewall by specifing the next hop based on source network address.

HTH

I set a static route

route -p add 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.1.100.1 metric 1

and now it seems to be running just fine

Thanks for the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies