Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem getting startup configs in RME

For some reason, I do not have running configs for many of my devices in the archive/config tree, and therefore they aren't in the shadow directory tree either. I just took this over so I don't know the history.

All devices are properly managed and "Update Archive" does seem to update startup configs.

What is wrong and how do I get the running configs in there?

Thanks!

Mike

1 REPLY

Re: Problem getting startup configs in RME

Oh... this is on Solaris 8. And I mis-typed the subject- it a problem getting running configs, not startup configs. D'oh!

I better clarify my question too: Update Archive updates all startup configs, but does not update all of the running configs. It doesn't notify me of the problem, it says it succeeded. But if you try to view the running config or a archive report, you then get the error that it can't access the file. If you look in the configs tree, you see only startup configs for the affected devices.

All file/directory permissions and ownership appear to be correct. Why is this happening and what do I do about it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content