Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEM INTERFACE SERIAL - Serial 1/0:0 is reset, protocol is down

olazcano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an E1 link on a Cisco 2621 with a NM-1CEU1. The problem is that the controller never goes up, unless i have a loopback or a local physical loop, and the serial interface i have, after the sh interfaces, shows: serial 1/0:0 is reset, protocol is down.

I already change the IOS to a 12.0.7T3. I cant find any documentation about the state RESET on a serial interface.

My interface has a lot of code violations, and the controller shows a "receiver has loss of frame" but i already verify completely this parameters with my carrier.

DO YOY KNOW ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS???

Thanks!!

OLAZCANO

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I remember having a similar problem a while ago. Not sure if you have tried this, but I toggled the crc-framing parameters and shut/no shut the controller and the interface. This apparently forces the router to renegotiate the line parameters. Depending on what your current parameters are, change the framing to either crc4 or no-crc4, then shutdown both the controller and the serial interface, then bring them back up again.

Router#conf t

Router(config)#controller e1 0

Router(config-controlle)#framing crc4

Router(config-controlle)#shut

Router(config-controlle)#end

Router#conf t

Router#(config)#int s1

Router(conig-int)#shut

Router#conf t

Router(config)#controller e1 0

Router(config-controlle)#no shut

Router(config-controlle)#end

Router#conf t

Router#(config)#int s1

Router(conig-int)#no shut

Regards,

Georg

Thanks for the advice! I'll try, because i still have the problem.

If you know something else, or any other idea, please do not hesitate and tell me!

Olazcano