cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem late collision Router 3700

peguayapero
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Router connected with two Converter 100 TX/100FX and a section of Fiber Optica, such as is shown in the graphic Annex.

In the log I am having the errors that are shown in the file late collision.

Annex the configuracin of the interface fa 0/0 of the router 3700.

That I should do to correct this problem?

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to make sure the router and the media converters are set the same for the ports . Sometimes the media converters can be set to full or half duplex . You will have to check the documentation to see what the converters settings can be for the copper end and then match the router settings .

If they are all set to the same velocity, is but the link this functioning at present, with the errors that has at present.

Annex I send sh interface fasethernet 0/0

Hi

As already pointed out by Glen you need to cross check the Dupled and Speed settings supported by the converter when you buy out from the vendor.

We did struggle with one of the Fiber to ethernet converter and later have to settle down with 10Mbps Halfduplex setting to have minimal errors.

As you have mentioned in your first mail the fastethernet port on the router side is configured for half duplex and 100Mbps ,have you tried coding full duplex and 100Mbps ? also can you try out 10Mbps / Half Duplex setting and check for errors ?

Do remember to clear the counters before you change on the settings and proceed further in monitoring mode.

regds