Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem monitoring phones with VHM

I'm fairly new to VHM, but I am trying to monitor a phone. When I enter the extension number and MAC address of the phone, VHM seems to add it - but in the monitoring console I get the following error: Undiscovered DiscoveryError. The discovery error is: Query to CCM returned null value.

I have stored the username and password of the CCM in VHM, and I know the phone exists because it is my extension. Help?

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Problem monitoring phones with VHM

What is the version of VHM and CallManager that you're using with VHM?. Also Have you configured the user name and passwords for the CallManagers in VHM necessary for Phone Monitoring (this can be done during installation or after installation using the StoreNamePassCommunity CLI).

Re: Problem monitoring phones with VHM

Hi,

I'm also having problems adding phones from a seed file.

CCM is 3.3

VHM is 1.2 (ITEM 1.4)

The CCM username/passwords are OK as they are verified as their status being OK in the VHM Dashboard.

The phones that do not get discovered have directory numbers starting with a '0'.

What is reported in the VHM Monitoring console is a message regarding a phone that has no leading zeroes.

eg. 0123 gets reported as Undiscovered, 123[MAC Addr], Discovery Error - and the error details are : DiscoveryErrorInfo | Query to CCM returned null value

I cannot see anything in the Bug Toolkit about this, is it a known problem ?

Ian Swift.

Views
Helpful
Replies