Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem setting role-based permissions in CM Topology Group Administration

Hi,

I'm currently running Cm 3.3 IDU 5.0. I recently created groups for Topology Services. The problem im having is when I add a new user in CiscoWorks, the permissions for this new user in topology groups is always to 'no access'. So I have to change the permissions for this user on each and every groups that I created. I changed the default permission in the 'Default Permissions Based on Role' window but it doesn't do anything...

Also, there seems to be a little bug when I click on the role-based permissions button. A window pops up with the home menu (the one with the directory tree)?! I have to close this window and re-click on the button so it displays the right menu.

2 REPLIES

Re: Problem setting role-based permissions in CM Topology Group

Hi,

The Role-Based Permissions dialog was designed to help the admin user modify the permissions for all users of a particular role who have been added to CW at the time the admin user edits the group. It does not apply beyond the edit of the group. This is a limitation that we will address in a future release.

Just so that I understand the behavior that you would like to see, here is a scenario:

1) Create/modify a group X to have say "read-write" privileges for say System Administrator and Network Administrator and "no access" for any other role.

2) Add a new user (Joe) to the system with the system administrator role

3) Joe should automatically get "read-write" privileges on group X.

4) If Joe is added with any role other than System Administrator/Network Administrator then he will have "no access" to group X.

I assume this is the behavior that you would like to see. Let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

I have filed a bug with the development team for the window pop-up issue.

Thanks!

Re: Problem setting role-based permissions in CM Topology Group

It's exactly what I wanted to do with Topology Groups.

Thanks for the response!

Views
Helpful
Replies