cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem updating IOS via Xmodem

timpotter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I've connected to the router via the console port (I've also tried the AUX port). And I can't get an image to upload. I keep getting this error message:

BP-INET1#copy xmodem flash:

Destination filename []? c2600-i-mz.122-17a.bin

Erase flash: before copying? [confirm]n

%Error opening xmodem: (Read-only file system)

I don't get it. I don't see how this router is any different than any other I've updated in this way. Here is another output:

File Systems:

Size(b) Free(b) Type Flags Prefixes

29688 27320 nvram rw nvram:

- - opaque rw null:

- - opaque rw system:

- - opaque ro xmodem:

- - opaque ro ymodem:

- - network rw tftp:

* 8388608 8388608 flash rw flash:

- - opaque wo lex:

- - network rw rcp:

- - network rw ftp:

Also, it's a 2620 router. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tim

3 Replies 3

timpotter
Level 1
Level 1

Oh - and my flash is alrady erased. I've also tried it both ways saying to erase or not erase my flash (which is already gone). And it's on-board flash not a card.

chuck.price
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the first 2600 series router you've tried this on? If so here is the website that goes step by step through the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

Yes. But I'm trying to upload it without bringing the router down. So I'm trying to upload via console cable while the router is live. Then I can schedule a reboot for off-hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: