cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 7204 VXR

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 7204 VXR router with IOS 12.1.(1a) and 64MB of RAM. There are 8 serial interfaces connected to this router. The problem im facing is that this router hangs intermittently and goes to the boot mode.Then i have to turn off the router for sometime and then again turn it on and everything works well. It doesnt happen frequently or periodically. Can anyone help me out from this.? any help from you will be of great hep to me.

Thanks in advace.

Ramesh

2 Replies 2

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the router hanging or reloading (crashing) ? Anyway, hang or crash, it is possible that this is a software problem. The software running on this machine is quite old and not the most stable (first 12.1 release). I would recommend to have the router upgraded. Also, when the problem occurs, are there any error messages displayed on the console ? Is the router responding to keystrokes ?

thanks for the response.

the router reloads and comes to boot mode after relaod. and i need to manually change the config-register value from 0x2142 to 0x2102. i have not plugged on the console. the router seem to perform noramally after the reload.

thanks,

ramesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: