cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with 8 AM port.

aborres
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with the 8 port analog modem. I configured the cisco 2610 router to accept dialin remote users. the router is loaded with latest modem firmware. the problem occured everytime the router is restarted, once restarted all modem ports are not answering to remote modem. when I view the line status, all tty port are indicating "A" I tried to reverse telnet the modem but connection refused by remote host. the modem only accepting calls when reverse telnet to the modem port is successful and the "A" on the tty line is remove. but it took a lot of time for the router before the modem ports become normal again.

1 Reply 1

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

If you see an "A", this means that we think there is a connection on that line. I would suggest you confirm your config (either "async mode interactive" or "async mode dedicated", and with interactive you should have the "autoselect" commands under the line, and either "modem inout" or "modem callin" on the lines, too), and you should ensure that you are running recent IOS sw, at least 12.1 latest.