Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with a wic card(1ENET) for a cisco 1720

y.ibenjellal
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have connected a wic card (1 ENET)to my router(1720),IOS (12.1(3))

but the problem is that, the router doesn't give me a possibilty to enter to this interface.

I will know if the IOS version that run in my router doesn't support a wic card (1 ENET) or i have an other problem.

can you help me ?

4 Replies 4

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

The WIC-1ENET is a 10Baset-T Ethernet card that can be used in any Cisco 1700 series router WIC or WIC/VIC slot. Using software Release 12.2(2)XJ, you are no longer limited to using only one 10Baset-T Ethernet card in Slot 0; 10Baset-T Ethernet cards now work in either Slot 0 or Slot 1, or both Slot 0 and Slot 1. Release 12.2(2)XJ software is compatible with previously-shipped versions of 10Baset-T Ethernet cards, therefore only a software upgrade is required to provide this added capability.

Does this help?

Mick.

thank you for your help,

the IOS Release that run in my router is 12.1(3),so i thank that i should reload a software Release 12.2(2);

do you have any idea how to do this?

thank you a lot

If you have CCO access, you can download 12.2(x)XJ from the software center. Don't forget to choose the latest version (x) of the "XJ" train.

If you don't have CCO access, call the TAC and they should be able to get you the proper version of code.

Mick.

all thanks Mick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: