cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with asymmetric internet circuits...

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am working in an ISP. We are having asymmetric TX and RX carrier from one of our providers and running BGP with them. Our setup for this particular carrier is like this.

Tx -- S4/1/7 with IP address 192.168.4.5

Rx -- S4/1/5 using IP address of TX that is 192.168.4.5

For S4/1/7, keepalive is not set due to asymmetric circuit, so that it always shows line protocol up.

Now, my problem is the following... We have added static routes for some external sites routed through 192.168.4.5, so whenever the RX or TX of this carrier is down, still these routes are alive in the routing table, because S4/1/7 is always up. Is there any solution to deactivate static routes depending on the carrier status?

Thanks in advance...

Regards...

ASHOK.

With best regards...
Ashok
2 Replies 2

hkanters
Level 1
Level 1

isn't it possible to replace the static routes with dynamic routes ?

maybe you can derive some eigrp or ospf routes through carefull distribution ?

Or maybe you can use HSRP end use a "track" statement on S4/1/5 ?

Hi,

How we can use dynamic route for the static route, assume no other routers are connected, this is the problem within the router itself on which these carriers are landing out. And could you please give me documentation about HSRP and i tried "track" on S4/1/5 but didn't find any such command like that.

Thanks in advance...

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: