Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Connection over diff. Vlans when try to Backup with Acronis

hbroich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a Problem with Cisco-Switching / VLANS and "Acronis true Image" when I connecting to the Image-Server over different Vlans.

There is an Cisco 4507 as a Backbone and many Cisco Catalyst 3550 via Gbit-Trunk connected with different VLANS.

When I in the same Vlan, there is no Problem for Cennection between Server and Client. When I have different VLans, i allways will be asked for Login-Information.

Is there anybody who have also this Problem or solved it?

Best Regards

Hartmut

2 Replies 2

kamlesh.sharma
Level 3
Level 3

when you say on same vlan than does this vlan is across the multiple switch or on the single switch.

try testing it on same vlan but on different switch if than also problem comes than it's the problem somewhere in the switched network

but if runnes properly on same vlan across the switched network than we will have to look at intervlan communication and interconnected switch as well.

please rate if helps

HTH

Thats right.

On the same VLAN across multiple Switch there is no problem, but from one Vlan to another, also on the same Switch, there is no connection possible between the Server and the Client.

Other Products like Dameware connection without any Problems.

Hartmut

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: