Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with CW2k DB Backup

rshanmugam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have CW2K LAN Management bundle with CD-one third edition installed on Windows NT server 4.0 with SP6a.It`s working fine, but bit slow. We are not able to take the DB backup. I have tried both the options (Scheduling and immediate), and it didn’t work for either. Following is the error that I’m getting while executing the scheduled backup.

Critical Error

Cannot schedule:

The command line cannot exceed 259 characters.Invalid command.The AT command schedules commands and programs to run on a computer at a specified time and date. The Schedule service must be running to use the AT command. AT [\\computername] [ [id] [/DELETE] | /DELETE [/YES]] AT [\\computername] time [/INTERACTIVE] [ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"\\computername Specifies a remote computer. Commands are scheduled on the local computer if this parameter is omitted. id Is an identification number assigned to a scheduled command. /delete Cancels a scheduled command. If id is omitted, all the scheduled commands on the computer are canceled./yes Used with cancel all jobs command when no further confirmation is desired.time Specifies the time when command is to run./interactive Allows the job to interact with the desktop of the user who is logged on at the time the job runs./every:date[,...] Runs the command on each specified day(s) of the week or month. If date is omitted, the current day of the month is assumed. /next:date[,...] Runs the specified command on the next occurrence of the day (for example, next Thursday). If date is omitted, the current day of the month is assumed."command" Is the Windows NT command, or batch program to be run.

Could somebody help to get resolved with this?

Thanks in anticipation:

Raj

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is your NT Task Services running?. If not, try starting it manually. You can using the DOS CLI to see if it gives you the same result:

The DOS command should be something like, assuming you put CW2K on C: drive:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin/backup.pl c:\directory_you_want_to_have_the_backup C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/log/dbbackup.log 1

The last "1" is for how many generations you want to keep.

Hi:

As advised, I did check my NT services and seems to be all services are running fine. I did execute the backup command from the CLI and it has been executed with no backup, even without returning any error..... Would that be possible to straight away install the CD One - 4th edition patch (cw-cd-one-ed4-p1-nt) over the existing third edition with RTM and Campus Manager running?

Please advise.

Raj

I ran into the same problem before. Could not work out why.

If you are still facing problem with online backup, you could download the ciscoworks migration tool from CCO and use that to take full backup. It is a manual

process and you have to shutdown ciscoworks to take backup. What you get is

a complete back which you could restore it to the existing server or to a

new one.

Raj