Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problem with entering license information for vms

Hello...

I have just completed installation of cisco vms 2.1...

I seem to be having problems with the 'licensing information' screen... while trying to view this page to enter the license file information, etc... the screen simply does not display any fields... here are the details...

After launching and logging into ciscoworks... i go through the following process:

click on 'vpn/security management solution'

click on 'administration'

click on 'common services'

click on 'licensing information'

the right frame pulls up the 'License Information' page with the highlighted area where the fields should be located... and the only other wordage that is displayed is 'Use this screen to validate your license key'...

there are no fields displayed therefore no further action can be taken...

Since ciscoworks is so tied into java (the root of all evil), I am sure this is some type of java related issue... probably some type of jar file problem...

I am running this on Windows 2k SP3 with patches... (i had the same issue with SP2)... so this is not SP3 related...

I have tried reinstalling VMS...

(uninstalled ciscoworks along with java runtime and removed directories)...

then reinstalled from scratch...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thomas

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: problem with entering license information for vms

Reboot the box and see if it works. If not try this. Sever Configuration -->Administration --> Security Management --> Enable/Disable SSL. Enable SSL and try again.

Cisco Employee

Re: problem with entering license information for vms

Please verify that the Terminal services service was DISABLED during the installation of the product. This is the most probable cause of this problem.

Thanks,

yatin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content