Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with flash card on NPE-G1 in 7206VXR

aoshea
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

A very quick question regarding the flash card in a NPE-G1.

I have recently upgraded one of our core routers from a NPE-400 to a NPE-G1.

Formated the flash card and booted for the image on the card.

However when I do a;

Router#dir disk2

I get the following error produced;

*Feb 2 19:05:54.333: %PCMCIAFS-5-DIBERR: PCMCIA disk 2 is formatted from a different router or PC.

A format in this router is required before an image can be booted from this device

I have tried formatting the PCMCIA (64 MB that comes with the NPE-G1) card several times but same message.

Is this a normal message or have I got a problem somewhere?

thanks in advance

regards,

Adrian

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The system cannot boot a image from the PCMCIA Flash memory disk because the Device. Information Block is different. The Flash memory disk can be read by the router, but will require formatting by the router before an image can be booted from it.

Recommended Action: Follow any instructions provided in the error message. Before storing an image in the Flash memory disk and attempting to boot from this device, enter the format command to format the Flash memory disk from the router. Then copy the desired image to the Flash memory disk and boot from this device.

refer to the link below for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/63/pcmciamatrix.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: