Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with IOS upgrade into router 7206 VXR

I tried to load a new IOS in a Cisco router 7206 VXR (c7200-js-mz.121-5c.E12.bin) in the Flash Card. The new IOS is loaded in the PCMCIA correctly but when I reload the router I see the following error: %SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL: disk0:c7200-js-mz.121-5c.E12.bin File boot failed --File not accessible, and the router start with the BOOT Image (C7200-BOOT-M), Version 12.0(13)S.

I configured also the router for start with the correct IOS but without success.

If I type sh flash I see:

Open device slot0 failed (Bad device info block). I don't know how resolve this problem

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Problem with IOS upgrade into router 7206 VXR

try to reformat your flash card and copy the image back in from your tftp server

router# format disk0:

router#squeeze disk0:

Silver

Re: Problem with IOS upgrade into router 7206 VXR

also a good way to test before you reload the box is to do a 'verify' . This will ensure the box sees the image rior to reloading

Router#sh bootvar

BOOT variable = slot0:c7200-js-mz.120-7.T,1;slot0:,1;bootflash:,1;

CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist

BOOTLDR variable does not exist

Configuration register is 0x102

router#verify slot0:c7200-js-mz.120-7.T

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Verified slot0:c7

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content