Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with oid

gkaravit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I was using mrtg in order to see how many users are connected on my AS3640, polling this oid:

After upgrading to (C3640-TELCO-M), Version 12.2(15)T

(the memory is enough only for this version at 12.2(15)T )

this object is not available any more..

Any ideas for polling the connected users?

Rgrds

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4 = cpmActiveDS0s from CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB. Use the CCO MIB Locator Tool (http://www.cisco.com/go/mibs) to verify whether the IOS version you're running has the MIB present in it or not.

Well as I said on my first post, this object is not enabled on my IOS..

Any other ideas?

MIBs are built-in the IOS. You cannnot just enable/disable them on the fly in the IOS if it's not present in the image. Thats why I suggested you to first use the MIB Locator Tool on CCO to verify whether this MIB is present in the IOS image that you're running or not. If it is not present then you need to upgrade the IOS to the version that supports this. There are some known bugs for this as well. For example, CSCdx23195 is one of them.

I had no choise than to use the specific IOS (the only v.92 enabled IOS for 3640 64RAM/24Flash, at least according to TAC)

My question was not how to enable the specific MIB, I know that MIBS are hard-coded into the IOS, thats why I asked about any other ideas of polling the connected users..

btw, in case anyone is interested, the answer for my prob was:

snmpwalk -c -P e -O qv 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.20.1.2.1.1.2 | grep '4' | wc -l

Rgrds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: