Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with patch when trying to upgrade from CD One v4 to v5

I am trying to upgrade to CD One v5 and am having problems applying the patch that suspends all jobs before the actual upgrade installation. I have successfully applied "patch_1x_20.pl" which copies the DisableJobs.class file, but when trying to run

"cwjava -cw install_directory com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.DisableJobs" with install directory as D:\Program Files\CSCOpx I always get "Unable to launch JVM" back. I have checked that the JVM process is running and it is, can anyone give me some more info as to why this patch will not run?

Also if I cannot get it to run is it possible for me to install CD One v5 as an upgrade without installing the patch?

Thanks in anticipation.

Nick :-)

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
6 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Problem with patch when trying to upgrade from CD One v4 to

You can use the same 5th Ed CD to do a Fresh/Clean install as well.

Rizwan

Thanks for your reply, I know I can do a fresh install but I need to retain all the current information. If install straight over the top of v4 will this be the case, or will I cause problems by not applying the patch and therefore not suspending any jobs?

I am having the same issue. How did you resolve the issue? Or did you simply move on?

Thanks

Dave

For use D:\progra~1 instead of Program Files.

It was resolved by running the script from from the CD rather than from the actual install directory, and then run the script with the install directory , D:\Program files\CSCOpx.

Nick

Hey,

I found what the problem is. You simply have to put the path between quotation marks. This should resolve the problem. Cisco forgot to put this in their docs I think ;-)

cwjava –vw "C:\Program Files\CSCOpx" com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.DisableJobs

Also, don't put a backslash "\" at the end of the path.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.