cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with software management in RME 3.1

jeff.yau
Level 1
Level 1

I am using cw2k (NT) version with RME 3.1 bundled.

When I used software management to add or distribute IOS image of routers and swithces, the following error message showed:

Uploading image bootflash:c4500-boot-mz.113-8 from 10.10.10.1

Start time: 10 Apr 2002 16:00:08 CCT

Error Info Code: 4167.

Device Error: The copy to/from operation failed.

Probable Cause: Cannot set SNMP variable for flash copy

operation. Recommended Action: Verify connectivity to the

device using ping. Verify the name resolution for the device

on the Resource Manager Essentials server. Verify that

read-write community strings match in the device and in the

Resource Manager Essentials database, then retry the

operation. If the problem persists, contact your technical

support representative for assistance.

I have checked the snmp community strings and they are correctly set.

So Could anyone tell me what I can do.

12 Replies 12

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can consider upgrading to RME 3.3

How can I get the upgrading information?

Is it free or not?

Hi,

Mushtaq, I don't get it this. Do you mean that RME 3.1 does not work at all for Software Manager (upload/download IOS)? If you mean upgrade to RME 3.3, are you saying Cisco is admitting there's a bug for this - and giving a free RME 3.3 to all current users of RME3.1?

Jeff, what I could suggest here is probably double confirm whether you have the correct community read/write strings for the device? Is there any firewall rules or access-list blocking for SNMP from you to the device? Are your RME3.1 having the device as you managed devices?

Regards,

Kevin

I used the word 'consider' for the upgrade, not that it's a must :-). You can do a CCO Bug Toolkit search to see if this is a known issue or else. If everything else is good like, strings, passwords etc, get a sniffer trace to see where exactly RME is failing. You can then open a case with TAC for further assistance as well.

Hi Mushtaq,

Thanks very much on this! I've current users using RME3.1, but they don't have any problems on this, so initially I thought it's a bug & will get free copies of RME3.3... :-)

You are right to go for trace up to RME to see if there's any problem with that. Good luck, Jeff...

Best Regards,

Kevin

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What type of device is this?. Specific Model and current IOS running on it?

Actually there are several devices with different IOS versions that are running in my company.

I am quite sure there are no problems for the community strings. Other snmp related applications such as cisco view are normally run.

That's why I feel so confusing.

And my company is using CW2K on NT4sp6. No patch was installed.

Is there any patch for the CW2K?

There was a patch released on CCO for Java related issues with CW2K but that was for RME 3.3 and not for RME 3.1 which you're using. Getting a sniffer trace might be a good idea at this time to exactly see what's going on here.

Hi rmushtaq,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I want to know where I can get the sniffer trace? Is it free downloaded?

You can use Ethereal which is a free ware software just like Sniffer Pro. You can download it from http://www.ethereal.com

Thank you for your kindly help.