I am using cw2k (NT) version with RME 3.1 bundled.
When I used software management to add or distribute IOS image of routers and swithces, the following error message showed:
Uploading image bootflash:c4500-boot-mz.113-8 from 10.10.10.1
Start time: 10 Apr 2002 16:00:08 CCT
Error Info Code: 4167.
Device Error: The copy to/from operation failed.
Probable Cause: Cannot set SNMP variable for flash copy
operation. Recommended Action: Verify connectivity to the
device using ping. Verify the name resolution for the device
on the Resource Manager Essentials server. Verify that
read-write community strings match in the device and in the
Resource Manager Essentials database, then retry the
operation. If the problem persists, contact your technical
support representative for assistance.
I have checked the snmp community strings and they are correctly set.
So Could anyone tell me what I can do.
Mushtaq, I don't get it this. Do you mean that RME 3.1 does not work at all for Software Manager (upload/download IOS)? If you mean upgrade to RME 3.3, are you saying Cisco is admitting there's a bug for this - and giving a free RME 3.3 to all current users of RME3.1?
Jeff, what I could suggest here is probably double confirm whether you have the correct community read/write strings for the device? Is there any firewall rules or access-list blocking for SNMP from you to the device? Are your RME3.1 having the device as you managed devices?
I used the word 'consider' for the upgrade, not that it's a must :-). You can do a CCO Bug Toolkit search to see if this is a known issue or else. If everything else is good like, strings, passwords etc, get a sniffer trace to see where exactly RME is failing. You can then open a case with TAC for further assistance as well.
Thanks very much on this! I've current users using RME3.1, but they don't have any problems on this, so initially I thought it's a bug & will get free copies of RME3.3... :-)
You are right to go for trace up to RME to see if there's any problem with that. Good luck, Jeff...
Actually there are several devices with different IOS versions that are running in my company.
I am quite sure there are no problems for the community strings. Other snmp related applications such as cisco view are normally run.
That's why I feel so confusing.
There was a patch released on CCO for Java related issues with CW2K but that was for RME 3.3 and not for RME 3.1 which you're using. Getting a sniffer trace might be a good idea at this time to exactly see what's going on here.