Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with VMS MCs when installed on LMS 2.1

sprostka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i intalled LMS 2.1 (5th ed) RME and CM on a Win2K SP2 Box.

Withount any IDU. All is running fine. Then i installed VMS 2.1 (CS, PIX MC, IDS MC Sec MC, AUS). Now the LMS applications are running fine and the whole tree is shown on the left side, but in the VMS applications there is an error message in the right window.

"This site cannot be displayed". This in only the case in all VMS applications not in LMS.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks,

Stefan

2 Replies 2

vidhya
Level 1
Level 1

There is port conflict between LMS and VMS. You can change the ports for Tomcat to resolve this conflict.

** Remember to take a backup of the files before changing the files **

The Tomcat ports are defined in 4 files. There are 2 ports (for Ajp12 and Ajp13 connector) which needs to be changed.

Please follow the below steps

(1) Stop the tomcat process. (pdterm Tomcat)

(2) Select two new free ports ( I am assuming 9007 and 9009 are new ports)

(3) Change the directory to $NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/conf

where NMSROOT is where you have installed Cisco Works such as C:\Program Files\CSCOpx

(4) Open the file server.xml. Search for word "8007" and replace all the instances by the new port1 say "9007"

In the same file search for the word "8009" and replace all the instances by the new port2 say "9009". Save this file.

(5) In the same directory open the file prof-server.xml. Similar to the step 3 change all the instance of 8007 to new port1 (9007)

and 8009 to new port2 (9009). Save this file.

(6) Now change the directory to $NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/conf/jk directory.

(7) Open the file "workers.properties" and change all the instances of 8007 and 8009 with the new port values (9007 and 9009) .

Save this file.

(8) Open the file "wrapper.properties" and change all the instances of 8007 and 8009 with the new port values (9007 and 9009) .

Save this file.

(9) Now start the Tomcat and Apache Process. pdexec Tomcat, pdexec Apache. From now onwards tomcat will be listening

on 9007 and 9009.

Let us know if you got it running.

~Vidhya

i tried - and it is working fine.

Many thanks for this solution! But one reboot more will be necessary;-)

Stefan