cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems configuring Multilink Frame Relay

gavink
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a feeling I'm doing something very silly, but I am at my witts end. I trying to configuring MFR bewteen 2 2620's as per the Multilink Frame Relay (FRF.16) Documentation.

I completly understand how the config should work, but seem unable to get the box to take the first command of the example config "int mfr 1", which gives me the following error:

Router(config)#int mfr 1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

However it will quite happily let me specify a sub interface such as "int mr 1.1".

I've tried IOS 12.2(8)T5 and also 12.2(11)T which both have the option for "int mfr" but only allow me to specify sub interface.

As I said I think I am missing something very simple, so if anyone could enlighten me I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Gav

3 Replies 3

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

It should work; make sure there is no space between MFR and the #; ie,

"int MFR1"

Ended up going through to the TAC. In turns out that in order to use the Multilink Frame Relay stuff you need to use the atleast the IP Plus featureset, I was using just the standard IP one. This is going to be documented on CCO shortly aparently.

Ended up going through to the TAC. In turns out that in order to use the Multilink Frame Relay stuff you need to use the atleast the IP Plus featureset, I was using just the standard IP one. This is going to be documented on CCO shortly aparently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: