Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems distributing images using SWIM 3.5

Hi

I am trying to distribute images using SWIM and am getting the following error on any of the devices that I am trying to upgrade:

Device cannot be locked for exclusive write access.

Software Upgrade cannot be performed on the device

Error Info Code: '4059'

Message: 'Device cannot be locked for exclusive write access. '

Action/Reason: 'Job Manager returned error: Error Code: 1 Message:

org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:

Could not locate the following

Object:

repository id : IDL:jrm/LockManager:1.0

object name :

Lock Manager

host name : sr2

minor code: 0 completed: No

Problem Cause: Device may be used by another Resource Manager Essentials

application.

Recommended Action: Please retry the operation later. If the problem persists, contact your technical support representative for

assistance.'

Image Upgrade Failed

All devices are correctly setup and managed with all the correct attributes. The only thing that I can think of is that for some reason the devices are considered a locked resource, however when I try to check the Job Management under Server Configuration, I get an error stating:

JRM display initialisation error: Error obtaining data from server. JRM server is down or inaccessible.

JRM process is flagged as stoppped by Administrator, but if you try to restart it just stops it again!

Does anyone have any ideas before I raise a TAC case??

Thanks

Nick

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Problems distributing images using SWIM 3.5

The problem I could see here is - JRM is nor running properly.

JRM exposes two objects through CORBA for all its functionality.

Lock Manager is one of the objects, that is used for locking/unlocking resources [in this case, devices].

org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: Exception is thrown when

connecting to the "Lock Manager" object.

Take a look at the log for the reason why JRM is shutting down.

The relevant log file is - For Windows, jrm.log, which will be in "log" directory

under the product installation path. and For Solaris, daemons.log in /var/adm/CSCOpx/log

directory.

Nick,

Did you manage to resolve this ? If so can you share the solution ? I've got the same problem, and I can see at least 3 others on this forum, but I can't see a resolution here or on Cisco's Bug Toolkit.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes I did resolve it by reinstalling RME, essentially various components of RME were unhappy and a reinstallation sorted them out!

Good luck

Nick

Views
Helpful
Replies