Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with CW2000 Configuration Management Archived files

I'm running CW2000 RME 3.5 on solaris and confused about the archived config files not being updated. When searching the latest archived configs by pattern "looking for exec-timeout 0 0" its finding this pattern in the running archived configs when we have clearly changed it back to defaults and saved the config to the startup config. It does show the update in the startup archived files but not the running or the latest archived. The other weird thing is when I run the Startup/Running out of sync report its not reporting anything as being out of sync. The config retrieval schedule is set for the weekly poll and also polling via snmp on a daily basis and listening to syslog messages. But I'm not seeing the archived files changing but the archive status shows all successful.

Not sure if I can rely on the Config Management tools since it does not seem to updating properly. We want to use this as part of our change management process but I need to feel comfortable that its working and catching and updating the archived files.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Problems with CW2000 Configuration Management Archived files

When RME fetches config from device, it will compare the newly fetched configuration with the latest archived config. If it finds any difference then it will create a new version in the archive.

There are some least important changes on commands related to length, width, exec-timeout which may get updated very often. So, fetching config from device and updating archive for these least important changes is un-necessary.

The command you are referring "exec-timeout" is one such commands identified least important, that is why you are not seeing the update in running config archive.

Entries about all such commands are mentioned in NMSROOT/objects/cmf/data/CommandExcludes.ini file.

where NMSROOT = directory where RME is installed, devtype = Ios, Cat, Ce etc.

This file can be customized. If you want the RME to update archive for the

change in "exec-timeout" commands, then

- open the file NMSROOT/objects/cmf/data/CommandExcludes.ini

if you are referring IOS device then file is CommandExcludesIos.ini

- remove the entry exec-timeout

- restart the daemon manager and wait for sometime

- now do update archive.

Views
Helpful
Replies